this post on Kristin's blog inspired by an older blog post with a list of 50 questions to ask yourself. I'm desperately trying to see the positive side of this moment of my life documenting who I am right now, so I thought that that kind of post could be a great challenge to share on my blog the first day of the new year.
I'm going to split it in two posts, just to not annoy who will be so brave to read the first 25 Q&A.
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
Alice is a quite short name (fortunately, since my surname is very long), but my friends alway found ways to call me with nicknames, like Ali, Alix, Alicetta, Alìs... My favourite way to be called by my friends is Ali.
2. What books on your shelf are begging to be read?
The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith and several others on my Kindle.
3. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
I rarely doodle right now, but when I do it, I usually doodle little stars.
4. What do you do if you can't sleep at night? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
I'm definitely a 'toss & turn' kind of person.
5. How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it?
Honestly, I don't know. I'm really good at daydreaming, so I would probably spend my time in that way.
6. Do you save old greeting cards and letters? Throw them away?
I save ALL the greeting cards and letters I receive since I was a child. I keep them in a huge box in my bedroom sorted by year and sometimes I reread them.
7. Who is the biggest pack rat you know?
8. When making an entrance in to a party, do you make your presence known? Do you slip in and look for someone you know? Do you sneak in quietly and find a safe spot to roost?
I definitely sneak in quietly and find a safe spot, but I love dancing, so, if I’m surrounded by friends, you could find me also dancing around.
9. What is your strongest sense? If you had to give one up, which would it be?
Probably sight, not because my eyes work well (I’m a nearsighted person), but I’m a good observer. Il like to study people and places, a bit like Sherlock.
10. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
11. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
That you needed special skills to write very fast on paper.
12. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
Probably food, the good one. I’m an Hobbit, after all.
13. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
My mom, who always try to help people.
14. How often do you read the newspaper? Which paper? Which sections?
I don’t read newspapers anymore. However I loved the cinema and gossip sections during my teens. Now I hate reading about Hollywood and vip gossips.
15. Which animals scare you most? Why?
Spiders, locusts and every kind of insect with long thin legs. When I was 5 my mom punished me locking me in my bedroom without knowing there was a huge mantis on a framed photo. I screamed like hell crying because of that and she thought it was just my biggest tantrum ever! When she discovered that monster, she apologized to me. I cannot remember this episode, but I think it marked my life. Haha!
16. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on?
I hate argue with people, so I always try to avoid conflicts.
17. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received and savoured?
An internet friend of mine told me she loves my Instagram photos.
18. What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will?
Being shy and anxious.
19. Are you a creature of habit? Explain.
Did I already say that I’m a Hobbit? I prefer known paths. I hate and love routine at the same time, though.
20. Are you high maintenance?
I don’t think so.
21. When was the last time you really pushed yourself to your physical limits?
Last summer at the FUN concert. Standing for hours and hours packed with thousands of people and then driving for two hours to come back home...ugh.
22. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends? Why?
Just a few close friends. I don’t like those people who owns 4 or 5 groups of friends just to not having a solo night during the week. Also, I need a good amount of me-time.
23. Are you more inclined to “build your own empire” or unleash the potential of others?
Unleash the potential of others. I’m too lazy for being a leader.
24. What’s a strange occurrence you’ve experienced but have never (or rarely) shared with anyone?
I contracted salmonella when I was 3, my stomach and intestine are very very fragile because of that and I cannot eat whatever I want without suffering gastritis.
25. What do you think about more than anything else?
The Shire :)
Feel free to join me leaving a comment below. See you tomorrow with the second part!